The Mahlo Gravimat DFI (Dynamic Flutter Independent) beta sensor which is completely insensitive to web movement, passline change, sag or edge curl for measurement of weight per unit area.
Gravimat DFI Beta Sensor
Virtually all web processes have problems with maintaining consistent flatness, which can result in measurement errors with traditional transmission sensors such as X-ray or beta gauges. The new Mahlo patented DFI Beta Sensor is not affected by web flutter, passline change, ripples, sag, or edge curl. The DFI measures accurately throughout changes in loft, density, or thickness.
Manufactured by: Mahlo GmbH & Co. KG., Germany
GET A QUOTE
- Insensitive to web movement, passline change, sag or edge curl for measurement of weight per unit area
- Non-destructive, continuous determination of the weight per unit area of product webs
- Intelligent sensor with ultrafast microprocessor for pre-processing measurements
- Smallest beta sources and highest measurement performance
- Highly stable and accurate measurement along with a minimal calibration
- Allows wider measurement gaps and avoids damage to soft webs or wet coatings
- Wide measuring range through use of various isotopes
- Very fast scanning speeds with ultra-narrow web defect detection
- Long-term trouble free, cost-effective operation in the harshest environments