Mahlo Gravimat FMX enables single-sided measurement requiring the minimum of space and easy integration into existing systems. The measuring device works with an X-ray tube that can be turned off, and has no radioactive isotope emitter. Insensitive to distance-related variations due to a patented detection system, the Gravimat FMX can measure against a steel roller, thereby ensuring perfect web guiding at the measuring point. Virtually insensitive to the chemical composition of the web thanks to 65 kV tube.
Gravimat FMX Sensor
The Gravimat FMX sensor consists of a compact X-ray tube and its high-voltage power supply as well as special, modern X ray detectors with the electronics for data acquisition. It is completely insensitive to environmental effects such as temperature and relative humidity. This new measuring principle is used with the proven Mahlo components for data recording and processing,and is therefore fully compatible with other products of the Qualiscan QMS family. The manner in which X-rays interact with mass allows for the measurement of a very wide range of web basis weights using a single sensor, from 50 - 20,000 GSM with the web against a steel roller or in free air.
Manufactured by: Mahlo GmbH & Co. KG., Germany
GET A QUOTE
- No radioactive isotopes used; X-rays used for sensing
- Single-sided measurement
- Insensitive to distance-related variations due to a patented detection system
- 65 kV tube: insensitive to the chemical composition of the web
- Extremely wide measuring range using the same instrument without modification or redesign
- Highly accurate and virtually insensitive to product composition
- Minimum radiation safety requirements; X-rays can be turned off
- Easy integration: can be installed without having to modify processing range or existing web guiding range
- Precise and ultra-stable measurement of the weight of the web